Welcome to RTÉ Radio
RTÉ Radio Worldwide
RTÉ is Ireland's national Public Service Broadcaster, serving the public by telling
the stories of Ireland's relationship with itself and with the rest of the world.
All Ireland Finals 2011 Coverage
RTÉ RADIO ASKS THOSE AT HOME TO HELP IN BRINGING THE GAA ALL IRELAND FINALS TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY WORLWIDE
RTÉ Radio will broadcast the GAA All Ireland Hurling Final on Sunday, 4 September and the All Ireland Football Final on Sunday, 18 September on all wavelengths and via the internet to Irish people and communities around the world.
RTÉ is asking on those with relatives or friends abroad to let them know that this coverage is available and to invite them to the biggest party in Ireland’s sporting calendar.
• Ireland: At home, audiences can listen as usual to the GAA finals on RTÉ Radio 1 FM and on Longwave 252.
• Britain: Across most of Britain, listeners can receive our coverage on Long Wave 252. In addition RTÉ Radio 1 is available on the UK free to air satellite platform Freesat on channel 750.
• Worldwide: Across the world, the match commentaries will be available online at www.rte.ie/radio1
• Shortwave to Africa: In Africa, where many Irish people live and work, often in relative isolation with poor communications, RTÉ is providing special transmissions on shortwave radio. See details below.
• Satellite Radio: Across the world, the match commentaries will be available on satellite radios on WRN2, channel 328
• Note: For those living in Ireland, who wish to get details of the shortwave frequencies to friends or family living abroad, RTÉ is providing a special phone text service. Listeners text the word “shortwave” to 51101 and they will receive a short text message with the shortwave frequencies. These texts are charged at standard rates.
SHORTWAVE FREQUENCIES FOR AFRICA
These services are part of RTÉ’s continued commitment to Irish people overseas and, over the years, has proven especially popular with those in geographically or technically isolated areas.
In addition to RTÉ Radio broadcasts, RTÉ will also broadcast the All Ireland Finals on RTÉ One Television. Don’t forget also the extensive and dynamic online offering from ww.rte.ie/sport.
Choose your continent for details of our service where you live