Jenny Bristow's Broomstick Pumpkin Kebabs
with Roasted Pepper Relish
Roasted pepper relish
- 2 yellow and 2 orange peppers halved
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 dsp of soft brown sugar
- Juice ½ lemon
- Place the peppers on a baking tray and cook in the oven at gas mark 6/ 200 c for 10 - 12 minutes until softened.
- Peel the skin from the peppers and place the flesh in a bowl with the olive oil. Blitz in a blender for one minute until you have a smooth paste.
- Place the pepper mixture in a saucepan and add the chilli flakes, soft brown sugar and lemon juice. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Leave to cool.
- 225g/8oz pumpkin flesh
- 1 pkt of large salad onions
- 1 yellow and 1 orange pepper cut into cubes
From Jenny Bristow Cooks For The Seasons: Autumn and Winter. Published by Blackstaff Press; the ISBN is 0856407879.
- Cut the pumpkin into wedges and take out the seeds. Remove the soft pumpkin flesh and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Steam the pumpkin over a low temperature for 7-10 minutes until slightly soft.
- Thread alternate pieces of steamed pumpkin, salad onions and peppers onto wooden skewers. Brush well with the roasted pepper relish and cook on the barbecue or under a hot grill for approximately 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Turn the kebabs frequently and keep brushing them with the relish during cooking
Back to Recipes