Leprechaun World Record
MOONEY is taking on the might of THE TONIGHT SHOW with Jay Leno in an attempt to break their Guinness World Record for 'Largest gathering of people dressed as Leprechauns'. Leno, set the record on 17th March 2011 when 224 leprechauns gathered at the NBC studios, Burbank, California.
RTE's MOONEY Show is representing Ireland in the run up to Guinness World Record Day with this record attempt. We are looking for 300 MOONEY listeners who are willing to dress up as leprechauns and stand, sit or skip at a designated location for just 10 minutes. The challenge will take place LIVE on MOONEY on Wednesday 16th of November 2011.
World Record achieved with a final tally of 262 Leprechauns.
All participants must be dressed in a complete costume, consisting of the below as a minimum.
- Green top hat
- Green frock coat or waist coat
- Green or black trousers
- Appropriate footwear - which means black or green close-toed shoes (no sneakers or sandals/flip flops)
- The first 300 leprechauns to register at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 28th of October 2011 will get all of the above EXCEPT they have to come in their own green or black trousers AND footwear as described above.
- Other people are welcome to come and participate in the record attempt PROVIDED they wear their own costumes as outlined above.
Be part of it:
- When registering, leprechauns must supply a name and contact number.
- If you are registering for a group, please include the names of all leprechauns with a designated contact person.
- Leprechauns must be 18 years of age or older.
- All leprechauns must attend at The Grand Canal Theatre in Dublin for the record breaking attempt, no later than 2pm Wednesday 16th
- RTÉ standard competition Terms and conditions apply