Mooney/ Garden Heaven Flower Photo Competition
James McCormack, Drogheda Co. Louth
Some entries that came close!
Can you photograph a flower? Mooney and Garden Heaven magazine have teamed up to bring you a fantastic new photo competition!
You don't need to be a photo fanatic: a wonderful snapshot taken with a disposable is as likely to win this competition as a picture taken with the latest digital equipment.
We're looking for your love for a favourite flower - expressed in a vivid photograph and a short essay (50 words or fewer). You might mention your earliest memory of the flower, and why you have a special feeling for it. Is it because of the scent, the colour, or perhaps a romantic location?
The prize is a fantastic spring break for two to the gardens of Amsterdam, escorted by Garden Heaven's own editor, Dermot O'Neill. The prize includes 3 nights 4-star accommodation, with day excursions to Keukenhof Gardens and Paleis Het Loo, return flights, luxury coach transfers, a canal cruise and champagne to welcome you in your room! And that's all courtesy of The Travel Department.
Send your flower photo (no transparencies, please) and essay (50 words or fewer) to:
Garden Heaven/Mooney Competition,
PO Box DLY79,
Or e-mail your entry: email@example.com
The closing date is September 5th 2008, and if you win, you must be available to travel on April 2nd 2009. Full terms and conditions are available below in the September/ October edition of Garden Heaven.
This is your flower - so make us feel your passion for it!
Terms and Conditions:
- The full prize includes: return flights from Dublin to Amsterdam with Aer Lingus
- Luxury coach transfer with guide assistance to your hotel on arrival
- 3 Nights 4 **** hotel accommodation at the Holiday Inn Amsterdam Boelelaan, on a bed and breakfast basis
- Evening cruise along one of Amsterdam's beautiful canals viewing the elegant architecture of the old city
- Full day excursion to The Keukenhof Gardens to visit the spring gardens & bulb fields including entrance and guided tour of the gardens; lunch included
- Full day excursion to Paleis Het Loo including entrance and guided tour of the gardens and the Palace; lunch included
- Free time for shopping and sight-seeing of your choice
- Garden visits escorted by Dermot O'Neill
- Luxury coach transfer with guide assistance from your hotel to Amsterdam airport for your return flight to Dublin with Aer Lingus
- Flight departs Dublin on Thursday morning (0940hrs) and departs Amsterdam on Sunday evening (2055hrs)
- The prize includes tax, insurance and champagne and flowers on arrival
- Entrants must be aged eighteen years or older as at date of entry
- By entering, the winner agrees to have his/her details/image/winner sequence used for promotional purposes if required
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative
- Tickets are non-transferable and non-changeable.
- Failure to avail of the Gardens of Amsterdam trip for any reason whatsoever will not entitle the winner to an alternative prize and the prize will have been deemed to be forfeited
- Winner is responsible for own transport to and from Dublin Airport
- The winner is solely responsible for any additional costs incurred beyond those stated as forming part of the prize
- Employees of RTÉ, Image and The Travel Department, their associated companies and/or suppliers and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter/win the prize.
- The promoter(s) reserve the right to substitute prize of equal value if a prize element becomes unavailable for any reason whatsoever
- RTÉ standard competition terms and conditions apply.
- Participation in the competition denotes acceptance of all associated terms and conditions.