Food & Recipes
Tomato and Bean Soup
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 medium parsnips diced
- 4 celery sticks diced
- 250g can of chickpeas in water, drained
- 250g can butter beans in water, drained
- 2 vegetable or chicken stock cubes dissolved in 1 litre of boiling water
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan. Add onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until soft.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, parsnips and the rest of the vegetables.
- Simmer for 35- 40 minutes
- The soup is ready when vegetables and beans are soft.
- This recipe gives 6 good portions.
- For lunch you can have this with 3 pieces of crackerbread and 2 triangles of low fat cream cheese.