Serves 4 - (Each serving contains approx 450-500 Kcal)
400g (net weight 320g) defrosted peeled and cooked extra large tiger prawns
500g fresh plum tomatoes cut in quarters
300g shallots cut in halves
1 red pepper & 1 green pepper sliced
100g spicy chorizo sausage thinly sliced
200g wholegrain rice
500ml vegetable stock, with a pinch of saffron added.
6 garlic cloves
1tbsp olive oil
1. Pour olive oil in a non-stick large pan.
2. Add half cut shallots, letting them fry and get a little bit of colour.
3. Add chorizo, peppers and tomatoes. Close lid and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the rice and the stock, stir well.
5. Add the garlic cloves. Close lid and let cook for 10-12 minutes until rice is cooked.
6. Remove lid and simmer for 3 more minutes stirring regularly to allow excess water evaporate.
7. Finally, add the prawns and cook for just 1 minute.
The information on this site does not take into account the specific circumstances of any viewers, readers or listeners, and therefore you are advised to consult your own doctor before under going any weight loss programme featured in Operation Transformation. The opinion of the panel does not constitute and should not be regarded as a substitute for doctors advice.