Food & Recipes
Chicken Salad with Avocado and Pine NutsOperation Transformation Lunch Options
This year Operation Transformation offers you a range of lunch options. From tasty wraps to toasted tortillas, healthy salads to filling soups. Most of the lunch options can be whipped together at home and easily brought to work to provide a nourishing and healthy mid day meal.
Dr. Eva's mixed vegetable filler soup can be drunk any time you're feeling a little peckish, so keep a supply ready in your fridge for those moments when you might feel tempted by a sweeter snack!
NOTE: The tomato and bean soup counts as a full lunch on its own with the addition of some crackerbread and spreadable cheese.
- 75g Cajun spiced or plain chicken pieces
- ½ medium sized avocado, sliced
- 5g/ tsp of toasted pine nuts
- Handful rocket leaves
- 1 Roasted red pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Squeeze Lemon Juice
- Toss the avocado, red pepper, rocket and pine nuts in a bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Layer the chicken on top.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.
- A great weekend lunchtime treat!