Food & Recipes
Day 49: Chili fettuccine bolognese
- 400g lean minced beef
- 2 turkey rushers, cut into strips
- 450g courgettes, grated
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 200g fettuccine pasta
- 2 x 400g cans whole peeled tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- Fry the mince and turkey rasher pieces in a pan until browned (there’s no need to use oil).
- Add the diced onions, celery, grated courgettes, and tomatoes and stir.
- Add the salt, red chili powder and paprika and stir well.
- Cook on a low heat for approximately 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring 2lt of water to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the fettuccine and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- To serve place a bed of drained pasta on a plate and cover with the chilli sauce.