Food & Recipes
Day 47: Beef stew with seasonal vegetables
- 500g diced beef
- 600g turnip peeled and diced
- 400g sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 300g baby onions (or shallots), peeled and halved
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper corns
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 15g butter
- 1 tsp salt
- pre-heat oven to 160ºC
- In a large oven proof saucepan or casserole dish melt the butter.
- Add the beef pieces and fry until brown.
- Add the onions. Cover, reduce heat and cook for about 5 mins.
- Add the turnip, sweet potatoes and chopped tomatoes and mix together.
- Add bay leaves if using, thyme, peppercorns and salt.
- Cover and place in the oven for about 2 hours.
- And serve