Food & Recipes
Day 46: Lemon chicken Olivia Newton John
- 1 whole chicken (approx 1.2Kg)
- 400g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 400g carrots,thickly diced
- 3 onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Some freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary OR 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C
- Lightly oil or butter a casserole dish.
- Layer the potatoes, carrots and onions on the bottom of the dish.
- Squeeze the juice of one of the lemon quarters over the chicken and place it with the other three quarters and 1 sprig of fresh rosemary – if using – into the cavity of the chicken.
- Place the stuffed chicken over the layers of vegetables with the remaining rosemary sprigs (if using).
- Sprinkle the chicken with slat and pepper and pl;ace in the oven for approximately 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Before serving check that the meat is fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.