Food & Recipes
Day 45: Stuffed pork fillet with sundried tomatoes and ricotta
- 700g whole fillet of pork
- 600g celeriac, peeled and diced
- 400g carrots, diced
- 50g sundried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cocktail sticks
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Using a sharp knife make an incision along the centre of the pork fillet and with the help of a meat tenderizer flatten the fillet out so it will be easier to fill.
- In a bowl place the ricotta cheese, sundried tomatoes, and pesto and mix.
- Spread the cheese & tomato mixture inside the pork fillet making sure the mixture runs the length of the fillet.
- Roll the fillet up and secure with cocktail sticks to keep it together.
- Place some tinfoil in a baking tray and spray with oil.
- Place the stuffed fillets in the foil and close to make a parcel.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for approximately 45mins.
- While the fillet cooks bring the celeriac and carrots to the boil in a large saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer until soft.
- Drain and mash together with a little salt and leave aside.
- One the pork fillet is cooked cut it into 4 pieces.
- Serve with the celeriac and carrot mash.