Food & Recipes
Day 44: Nicoise salad the easy way
- 600g cooked baby potatoes, cooled
- 4 eggs hard boiled, cooled and peeled
- 1 can Tuna (approx 130g drained weight)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 340g baby gem lettuce or similar (washed)
- 500g green beans, cooked
For the dressing:
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tsp dijon mustard (or seed mustard)
- 1tbsp orange juice
- Line a large serving plate with the washed lettuce.
- Add the cooked baby potatoes to the dish.
- Add the cooked green beans and the tuna.
- Sprinkle red onion on top.
- Cut the boiled eggs into quarters and add to the salad.
- Place the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and orange juice in a jug or bowl and mix well to blend together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.