Food & Recipes
Day 38: Simple Moroccan cod tagine
- 800g frozen cod fillets
- 200g wholegrain rice
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g frozen spinach or frozen peas
- 1 leek, diced
- 1yellow pepper, diced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 100mls of boiling water.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
- Rind of one lemon
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Preheat a large wok or pan and add the oil.
- Add the leek, garlic, cumin, cinnamon and stock. Stir, cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the courgettes, tomatoes and peppers.
- Add the frozen spinach or peas and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the vegetables are cooked add cod fillets.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover with a lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Once cooked, add the grated rind of the lemon and the juice of ½ the lemon.
- Serve with the boiled rice and one lemon wedge.