Food & Recipes
Day 37: Turkey stuffed portobello mushrooms with couscous
- 8 large open mushrooms, washed
- 100g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 300g turkey rashers, cut in thin strips
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- black pepper
- 200g couscous
- 4tbsp soy sauce
- Pre-heat your oven to 200º C
- On a baking tray place a sheet of tin foil double the size of the tray.
- Spray with oil.
- Place the mushrooms on the baking tray.
- In a bowl break up the feta cheese with a fork.
- Add the chopped turkey rashers and mix well.
- Season with black pepper and mix.
- Fill the mushrooms with the turkey and feta mixture.
- Fold the tinfoil to create an envelope.
- Place in the oven at 200ºC for 30 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are baking place the couscous on an oven dish.
- Pour on enough boiling water to just cover the couscous.
- Place cling film over and let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the cling film, fluff with a fork and sprinkle the soy sauce over the couscous.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and mix well.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven.
- And serve with the couscous.