Food & Recipes
Day 36: Lasagne with crispy salad
For the bolognese sauce:
- 400g lean mince beef
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 courgettes, grated
- 300g spinach, shredded
- 200g mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 onion,thinly sliced
- 4 gloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the white sauce and salad
- 125g light mozzarella ball, sliced
- 10 lasagne sheets (wholemeal if possible)
- 800ml low fat milk
- 50g low fat grated mozzarella
- 20g butter
- 20g flour
- spray oil
- 120g bag of rocket & 150b bag of mixed leaves in one bowl
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick saucepan.
- Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and stir.
- Add the mince and cook until browned..
- Add the courgettes, spinach, and mushrooms and stir.
- Add the tomatoes and stir.
- Add the herbs and salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the white sauce.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan.
- Add flour, and then milk stirring all the time.
- Cook over a low heat and add the grated mozzarella cheese when removing from heat.
- Next spray some oil in the base of a large ovenproof dish.
- Cover the base of the dish with a layer of white sauce.
- Next add a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Next add some more white sauce followed by a layer of meat sauce.
- Add some more white sauce.
- And more lasagne sheets.
- Add the last of the white sauce and finish off with the remaining meat sauce.
- Top with the sliced mozzarella cheese and place in the oven to cook for 45 minutes.
- Serve with crispy rocket and mixed leaf salad.