Food & Recipes
Day 35: Vegetarian Sausage Stew
Serves 4 people
- 8 frozen vegetarian sausages, defrosted and cut into small pieces
- 1 can chickpeas (400g)
- 1 large onion, chopped (200g)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cube vegetable stock dissolved in 100mls boiled water
- 300g fresh broccoli
- 4 medium size potatoes, quartered
- Place the potatoes in a steamer over a pot of boiling.
- Steam for approx 15 minutes until tender
- After 10 minutes add the broccoli to the steamer.
- On a medium heat, in a large wok or a pot, fry the chopped onion and sausages for 5 minutes in 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, balsamic vinegar, basil leaves and the chickpeas. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with steamed broccoli and potato.