Food & Recipes
Day 34: Stuffed chicken fillets on a vegetable bed
- 4 chicken fillets
- 150g turkey rashers
- 120g soft light cheese
- 500g mixed frozen vegetables
- 400g potatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 2 tsp grain mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- cocktail sticks
- Preheat oven to 200 ºC.
- In a bowl mix the soft light cheese with the mustard and spring onion and salt. Make an incision in each chicken breast breast to create a pocket.
- Stuff the chicken breasts with the soft cheese mixture.
- Wrap with the turkey rashers.
- Use 2 cocktail sticks per fillet to hold the everything together.
- Place mixed frozen vegetables onto an oven tray.
- Put the stuffed fillets on top of the frozen vegetable and place in oven for 40 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting, bring the potatoes to the boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain and mash well.
- Serve with the chicken breasts and vegetables.