Food & Recipes
Day 32: Mari's turkey steak with roast potato wedges and aubergine
- 4x 100g turkey steaks
- 2 large aubergines
- 800g potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Black pepper
- Spray oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 200º C.
- Spray a large roasting try with oil and place the potatoes wedges onto the tray.
- Spray some more oil on top of the wedges, sprinkle with salt and add the sprigs of rosemary.
- Cook in oven at 200ºC for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins remove from the oven and move the wedges to one side of the tray.
- Spray some more oil onto the tray, add the aubergines and return to the oven for a further 15/20 minutes.
- Next, cover each turkey steak with a layer of cling film and flatten with a meat tenderiser or a heavy pot.
- Coat the turkey steaks in flour.
- Spray a little oil onto a hot non-stick pan.
- Place the turkey steaks onto the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Serve with the roasted vegetables, garnished with a wedge of lemon.