Food & Recipes
Day 31: Pepperoni Pizza
- 300g plain flour
- 100ml lukewarm water
- 1 sachet of dried baker's yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g pepperoni sliced
- 1 small jar jalapeno peppers, drained
- 120g low fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
for the salad:
- 4 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander
- zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pre-heat your oven to 200ºC
- In a bowl, place the yeast, salt, water and olive oil and mix together.
- Add the flour and mix and knead for about 3 minutes top form a firm ball of dough.
- Cover and place in a warm place to rise for 20 minutes.
- Once the dough has risen roll it out thinly and place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Spread the canned tomatoes evenly on the pizza base.
- Cover with the sliced pepperoni.
- Add the jalapeno peppers.
- Sprinkle the pizza evenly with the cheese and place it in the top of your oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until the cheese has ,melted and the pizza is crisp at the edges.
- Meanwhile in a bowl place the grated carrots, the fresh tomatoes, coriander and lime zest and mix.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the salad and toss well.
- Serve with the piping hot pizza.