Food & Recipes
Day 30: Thai Chicken green curry
- 600g chicken fillets, cut into strips
- 600g butternut squash peeled, deseeded and very thinly sliced
- 500g white cabbage
- 1 large leek, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 tsp green curry paste
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 lemon grass stalk, roughly shopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the butternut squash and cabbage,
- Stir, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the leek, celery, garlic and chicken stock and stir.
- Add the lemongrass and curry paste and stir.
- Cover and simmer for a minute or two to activate the curry and spices.
- Stir in the chicken strips. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the fresh basil, if using.
- And serve.