Food & Recipes
Day 28: Pasta Carbonara a la Eva
- 400g turnip cut in thin strips
- 400g cooked sliced ham, cut into thin cubes
- 4 egg yolks
- 120g low fat cream cheese
- 250ml beef stock
- 300g of wholegrain pasta
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- Pinch of black pepper
- 15ml/ 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grated parmesan for garnish
- Add pasta to a saucepan of boiling water and cook according to packet instructions.
- While the pasta is boiling, heat the oil in a non stick pan and add the turnip. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the beef stock and cook until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ham and stir.
- Add the crushed garlic and stir.
- Add the soft cheese and stir into the mixture.
- Drain the cooked pasta, add to the sauce mixture and stir well.
- Add the egg yolks and stir until everything is smooth and creamy
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese and black pepper. Stir and serve.