Food & Recipes
Day 27: Pan fried salmon with mixed salad and potato salad
- 4x150g salmon fillets
- 15g butter for frying
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 300g mixed leaves (washed)
- 1 cucumber, topped and tailed, de-seeded and sliced
For the potato salad:
- 1kg baby potatoes steamed, cooled and diced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 250g gherkins, finely chopped
- 250ml low fat natural yoghurt
- 250ml low fat crème fraîche
- 1tsp mustard
- 1tbsp white vinegar
- Place the sliced cucumber into a bowl with the mixed leaves.
- Put the cooled diced potatoes into another bowl. Add the onion and gherkins and mix together.
- Put the yoghurt, crème fraiche, mustard and vinegar into a bowl and blend well.
- Add this to the potato mixture and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- In a hot pan melt the butter.
- Place the salmon fillets in the pan and fry on both sides until brown.
- Reduce heat and add the salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes, turning regularly, until cooked through.