Food & Recipes
Cheese and Chive SconesOperation Transformation breakfast selection
Start the Day the OpTrans Way!
Nutritionists all agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Your body has been fasting while you sleep and you need your first meal to provide that “wake-up kick” to make sure your day gets off to the right kind of start.
Just because you are beginning a new diet regime doesn't mean breakfast has to be dull! Dr. Eva has created a delicious menu of breakfast dishes guaranteed to brighten any morning and set you up for the day ahead.
By regularly switching your choice of breakfast you'll make sure you get a balanced start to your day with Dr. Eva's breakfast option providing, fibre, vitamins, protein and tasty goodness at less that 300 calorie per serving.
Don't forget to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee with your breakfast, if that's what you like in the morning. Of course you shouldn't use sugar and, should you use milk, do make sure it's low fat or skimmed!
- 200g self raising flour
- 25g porridge oats
- 75g low fat cheddar, grated
- 5g/ 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 80 mls low fat milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10g / 2 teaspoons flaxseed
- Mixed herbs/chives
- Preheat oven to 180°C and prepare a baking tray covered in greaseproof paper.
- Sieve self raising flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add in the herbs, flaxseed, grated cheese and porridge oats. Mix well together.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and slowly add the wet mixture into it.
- Use the metal part of a knife to combine the ingredients.
- On a well floured surface roll out the mixture using the palms of your hands not a rolling pin.
- Spread out till 5cm thick and then use either the rim of a glass or metal cutter to cut out the scones.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Can be served with 1 tablespoon of light cheese spread.
- Enjoy 2 scones for breakfast with a thin coating of light cheese spread.