MyHome reports strong online start

Friday 26 January 2007 20.45
MyHome reports strong online start

The house hunters website, MyHome.ie, has said that in the ten weeks since the launch of its online mortgage service, it has received mortgage applications worth €1 billion.

The company does not say what percentage of that figure has translated into actual mortgage business.

MyHome said that of the applications received, 75% had come from first time buyers with the other 25% being made up of investors and those trading up on a property.

The site's Mortgage Zone partners include three financial institutions - National Irish Bank, Permanent TSB and Bank of Ireland - and three brokers - General Mortgage Corporation, Mortgage Insight and Mortgage Solutions from Gunne.