Woman injured in fire at Electric Picnic

Saturday 30 August 2014 22.48
1 of 3
It is believed the fire broke out at around 5am
It is believed the fire broke out at around 5am
The woman is being treated for burn injuries at St James' Hospital in Dublin
The woman is being treated for burn injuries at St James' Hospital in Dublin
Tens of thousands of people are in Stradbally for this year's music and arts festival
Tens of thousands of people are in Stradbally for this year's music and arts festival

A woman has been injured in a fire at Electric Picnic overnight.

It is believed the fire broke out at around 5am in a tent in the Pink Moon campsite in which both a woman and man were staying.

It is understood they lit a number of candles before falling asleep and as a result a sleeping bag caught alight. 

The woman, 31, was transferred to Portlaoise General hospital for treatment before being transferred to St James' Hospital in Dublin.

She is being treated for burn injuries which are not believed to be life threatening.

She has been described as comfortable.

The male occupant of the tent was treated at the campsite for minor injuries. 

Tens of thousands of people are in Stradbally for day two of the three day music and arts festival. 

Keywords: electric picnic