Kilkenny County Council says CAS protest costs €200,000 so farTuesday 29 July 2014 20.26
Kilkenny County Council says the continuing protests at the site of the Central Access Scheme in Kilkenny city has cost in the order of €200,000 so far.
Work continues at the site following a meeting on Saturday where members of the county council agreed to review the controversial CAS.
Campaigners have been involved in a 24-hour protest at the site of the multi-million euro scheme, which includes the building of a new bridge over the River Nore.
The group say they believe the project will damage the city's medieval heritage by bringing more traffic into the city centre.
The review, which the council say will be overseen independently, is under way and will be considered by members at a special meeting of Kilkenny County Council on 1 September.