High Court extends feeding order for anorexia suffererTuesday 28 January 2014 17.57
The High Court has been told that a 22-year-old woman suffering from anorexia nervosa is making "monumental strides" following a court order last week directing that she be fed through a tube.
High Court President Mr Justice Nicholas Kearns heard the court order had had a very positive effect.
She had refused four out of seven nutritional feeds her body needed when her doctors came to court to seek the order.
Senior Counsel Peter Finlay said the order had been very effective.
He said the woman had sent a card of thanks to one of the specialists treating her and from what she had written, he said it was clear she did not want a "fatal outcome" to her case.
Mr Justice Kearns extended the order to feed the young woman through a tube until Friday.