30 students treated for smoke inhalation in Cork after prank goes wrong

Friday 03 May 2013 22.29
Emergency services were called to Pobalscoil na Tríonóide in Youghal
Emergency services were called to Pobalscoil na Tríonóide in Youghal

Up to 30 students and some teachers were treated for smoke inhalation after a smoke bomb was set off in a school.

Emergency services were called to Pobalscoil na Tríonóide in Youghal, Co Cork at 2.20pm.

Gardaí described the incident as a "schoolboy prank gone wrong".

The large secondary school on the outskirts of the town was cleared as a precaution.

The injured were examined by HSE ambulance staff in the grounds of the school.

There are no reports of serious injuries and no-one was hospitalised.

User contributions and/or comments do not, unless specifically stated, represent the views of RTÉ.ie or RTÉ.
Click here for Terms of use