Child dies after becoming entangled in blind cord

Sunday 24 February 2013 21.56
Police said there were no suspicious circumstances
Police said there were no suspicious circumstances

A boy in Northern Ireland has died after becoming entangled in a blind cord yesterday evening.

Police are investigating the death of the three-year-old in Mayobridge near Newry, Co Down.

A police spokesman said there were no suspicious circumstances.

According to Britain's Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, at least 25 deaths across the UK since 1999 have been blamed on blind cords.