The Road Safety Authority has urged motorists to drive with care.
It follows the deaths of two young men in a road crash in Co Offaly yesterday evening.
The men, aged 18 and 20, were killed when their car hit a concrete post at the side of the Ballycumber road near Ferbane shortly after 7pm.
Their deaths bring to 29 the number of people killed on Irish roads so far this year.
This represents an increase of 13 on the same period last year.
Minister for Transport Leo Varadkar also appealed to all road users to be vigilant.
He said it was too early in the year to detect any definite trends.
"We will continue to monitor the situation closely but the Government and the RSA again appeal to all users to take care," Mr Varadkar said.
Meanwhile, gardaí have issued an appeal for information following a road crash in Co Longford on Thursday in which a two-year-old boy was seriously injured.
Three adults and three other children were also injured in the crash at Terlicken, Ballymahon at around 1.30pm, after the car they were travelling in left the road and hit a wall.
All seven were taken to the Midland Regional Hospital Mullingar.
The boy has since been transferred to Temple Street Children's University Hospital, while a woman in her 30s is still being treated in Mullingar.
Gardaí have appealed to anyone who was traveling on the R392 between Ballymahon and Lanesborough on 14 February between 1pm and 1.45pm, and who may have witnessed the crash, to contact them at Longford Garda Station on 043-3350570, or the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111.