Ruairi Quinn says third-level student grant backlog cleared

Tuesday 12 February 2013 17.25
Ruairi Quinn said there was a 20% increase in applications
Ruairi Quinn said there was a 20% increase in applications

Education Minister Ruairi Quinn today informed the Cabinet that the backlog in third-level student grants has been cleared, apart from applications missing some documentation.

A Government spokesperson said the minister informed Cabinet that there were 20% more applications to SUSI, the central agency dealing with applications, this year than there were last year.

These have now all been deal with, apart from the 15,000 which did not have full documentation.

Applicants who have not submitted complete documentation have been written to and requested to submit full information by the end of this month.

An independent review of the operations of SUSI is to be complete by the end of March.

Keywords: susi, education

User contributions and/or comments do not, unless specifically stated, represent the views of RTÉ.ie or RTÉ. Click here for Terms of use.