Some RTÉ current affairs staff disciplined after mistakes in presidential debate

Monday 19 November 2012 17.53
Kevin Bakhurst repeated his apology to Seán Gallagher and the other candidates
Kevin Bakhurst repeated his apology to Seán Gallagher and the other candidates

The Managing Director of RTÉ News and Current Affairs has confirmed disciplinary action has been taken against some members of current affairs staff following programmes broadcast last year.

Kevin Bakhurst said RTÉ has accepted all the points made in the independent report, commissioned by RTÉ, and has already implemented the recommendations.

He admitted a lack of resources may have been a factor in how The Frontline's presidential debate format was designed, but pledged the "gold standard" way will be used in future.

Mr Bakhurst repeated his apology to Seán Gallagher and the other candidates.

He said RTÉ would be judged on how the recommendations of the report continue to be implemented.

User contributions and/or comments do not, unless specifically stated, represent the views of RTÉ.ie or RTÉ. Click here for Terms of use.