A transatlantic jet was forced to divert to Shannon Airport after a smell of smoke was detected in the passenger cabin.
American Airlines flight AAL-98 was en-route from Chicago to London's Heathrow Airport with 246 passengers and 14 crew on board.
It requested permission to divert to Shannon and landed safely shortly after 1pm. The passengers disembarked safely.
Units of the fire brigade from Ennis and Shannon were mobilised as part of the airport's emergency plan.
An inspection of the plane revealed that the origin of the smell on board was believed to come from an overheated fan.