An in-depth review into all aspects of the trouble that marred Saturday night's Swedish House Mafia concert in the Phoenix Park is to be carried out.
The promoters of the concert, MCD, met with senior gardaí today to discuss the anti-social behaviour which resulted in 33 arrests and 70 charges of public order, drink and drug-related offences being brought before the courts.
Following the review the Garda Commissioner will prepare a report for the Minister for Justice.
Earlier the Minister of State with responsibility for the Office of Public Works, Brian Hayes, said he would rule out having the Phoenix Park used as a concert venue in the future.
On RTÉ's Drivetime, Mr Hayes said the public uproar over violence at the concert in the park was justified, and it was important that lessons were learned.
He said his understanding was that that number of security personnel was doubled for Saturday's concert when compared to Thursday night's Stone Roses gig to deal with potential problems.
He said it was "simplistic" to call for concerts not to be held in the park in future. He said where events like this have taken place in the park in the past, there hasn't been trouble.
Mr Hayes said for the great majority of people who attended concerts at the park over the last week, it was a great success.
"I wouldn't preclude the opportunity of other concerts emerging there in the future, he said.
"We've got to get it right, however. And I think it's right we would review the entire situation now, ask the questions about whether or not the kind of concert is appropriate to the park and make sure we learn the lessons from this."