Ireland’s leading TV catch-up service. RTÉ programmes are available up to 21 days after the broadcast date. The Player is available on multiple platforms including mobile, tablet, desktop, cable TVs and games consoles. A selection of RTÉ Player content is available internationally for overseas audiences.
- Gender balanced, 47% users are 15 – 34yrs old
- Engaged and young audience with nearly 1 million users 15+
- RTÉ Player is Ireland’s leading VOD service, outperforming every other Player on the Irish market.
(Source B&A Research January 2014)
- RTÉ Player’s audience grew by over 300,000 in the last 6 months according to B&A Research.
(Source B&A Research Q2 2013)
- 8 out of 10 VOD users confirmed they have used RTÉ Player according to the latest B&A Research on RTÉ Player
- In 2012, we launched a new look RTÉ Player, Ireland’s leading catch-up and on-demand service, with seamless cross platform viewing, superb design quality, allowing audiences to enjoy an even better Player experience
- RTÉ Player continues to see strong growth with 46.1 million streams requested in 2013
- The RTÉ Player App has nearly 1 Million downloads with 24% of these overseas
- RTÉ Player is now available on iOS devices, PSIII, Laptops, Desktops, Samsung Connected TV’s, and on UPC