Stuck for something to do? If so, the Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of exciting things to do in Northern Ireland during June 4 - 17.
1.1950s Big Dance and Tea Party, Portadown town centre Plaza, Co. Armagh, June 4. A wonderful 1950s Coronation era style event on the Plaza for the whole family to enjoy including live music which will get everyone’s toes tapping.
2.International Bread Festival, Castle Ward, Co. Down, June 4. Enjoy demonstrations, taster sessions, local food producers, artisan breads and talks in this celebration of bread.
3.Bark in the Park, Castle Archdale, Co. Fermanagh, June 4. A fun day out for all the family with dog obedience demonstrations and an opportunity to learn more about responsibly caring for your four legged friend.
4.Frankenstein, Brian Friel Theatre at Queen’s, Belfast, June 5 – 9. Adapted directly from Shelley’s Gothic novel, Frankenstein tells the story of the unorthodox scientific experiment in which a monster is created.
5. Transit of Venus, Armagh Observatory, Co. Armagh, June 6. A special exhibition to mark the exceptionally rare Transit of Venus which will be visible from Northern Ireland on the morning of June
6. Car Treasure Hunt and BBQ, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone, June 7. Form a group of your friends, family or neighbours and challenge your brains around the beautiful rural countryside of the Grant Homestead as you try to solve cryptic clues and work up an appetite for the BBQ.
7.Jazz and Blues Festival, Limavady, Co. Derry, June 7 – 10. A music festival using local, national and international acts from one piece to seven piece bands as well as a family picnic and children’s entertainment.
8. Erne Waterway Golf Challenge, Castle Hume Golf Club in Enniskillen, Slieve Russell in Ballyconnell and Co. Cavan Golf Club, June 8 – 10. A three day festival of golf played over three magnificent courses in the Lakeland counties of Fermanagh and Cavan.
9.Carfest and Truck Show, Ballee Playing Fields, Ballymena, Co. Antrim, June 9. Stunt drivers will thrill audiences with driving sequences with a Strictly Come Dancing twist.
10. Sea Safari Trips with Aquaholics, departing from Portstewart Harbour, Co. Antrim, June 13. View the stunning North Coast from the sea and lookout for dolphins, seals and a wide range of seabirds including guillemots, razorbills, kittiwakes, puffins, fulmars, shags and gannets.
11. Sweet Charity, the MAC, Belfast, until June 17. The MAC presents the wham bam musical sensation of the year - a feel good, must-see show that brings the pizzazz of Broadway to Belfast.
12. Midsummer Concert at Mussenden Temple, Co. Derry, June 15 -16. The Gallimaufry Ensemble (flute, oboe, clarinet, French horn and bassoon) play from 8pm each night at the stunning setting of the cliff top Mussenden Temple and tickets include a complimentary buffet.
For more details on these and other events, Callsave 1850 230 230, visit Northern Ireland Tourist Board’s Information Office at Suffolk Street, Dublin 2, or click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events