Ali's Roast Chicken with Chickpea, Pistachio and Parsley Couscous Stuffing. A tasty and easy light roast chicken recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
- 3 tbsp couscous
- 5 tbsp boiling water
- 45g shelled pistachios, chopped
- 25g flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 75g cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 1kg chicken (free range)
- 2 courgettes
- 25g chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Rocket leaves
- Thick Greek-style yoghurt
- Lemon halves
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the couscous and water in a medium bowl, stir to combine and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Set aside for ten minutes or until tender. Fluff the couscous with a fork and stir through the pistachio, parsley, lemon rind, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon the couscous stuffing into the cavity of the chicken and secure the legs with kitchen string.
- Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast for 30–35 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile use the peeler to make ribbons with the courgettes, mix in a bowl with lemon juice,olive oil, chopped mint and salt & pepper.
- Serve with the rocket, yoghurt, lemon and a drizzle of the extra oil