Paul Flynn makes a delicious dish of grilled hake with a casserole of peas, spring onions and lettuce on Today with Maura and Dáithí.
This dish is bursting with goodness, grilled fresh fish, and crisp vibrant greens! Serve with mash or plain boiled potatoes and for that extra bit of indulgence a spoon of sour cream on the side. It's ready in minutes but your fish will need a little trimming to make it perfect.
- 2 pkts of Irish hake fillets (440g), 4 fillets.
- 2/3 bag of petit pois peas (500g).
- 1 little gem lettuce(181g) washed and shredded.
- 4 spring onions,(87g) trimmed and cut into 3cm pieces.
- 1 vegetable stock cube crumbled into 250 ml of water.
- A small knob of butter (15g).
- Preheat your grill.
- Brush a tray with a little olive oil, add salt and pepper to the tray and place your trimmed trout fillets skin side up, then brush the trout with a little more olive oil, season lightly and set aside till ready.
- Bring the water and stock cube to the boil and add the peas.
- Put a lid on the pot bring back to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the spring onions, lettuce and knob of butter and cook rapidly for no more than 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, grill your trout for 3-4 minutes.
- Season the peas, then spoon into warm bowls along with some of the juice.
- Serve your trout fillet on top.
Note: It's really important not to over-cook your vegetables so everything stays crisp and green.