Ali Honour made a scrumptious dish of quinoa crusted fish with sweet potato chips and yoghurt tartare on Today with Maura and Dáithí.
Ali says this is a "healthier, and I think tastier, alternative to a family favourite and it's even gluten-free"
2kg sweet potato, peeled and cut into chips
4 cloves garlic, skin on
10g lemon thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
60ml extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, extra crushed
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
170g quinoa flakes
800g firm white fish, cut into pieces
Lemon wedges, to serve
140g natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
20g Cornichons, finely chopped
1 tablespoon capers, drained and finely chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
QUINOA CRUSTED FISH WITH SWEET POTATO CHIPS & YOGHURT TARTARE
A HEALTHIER AND I THINK TASTIER ALTERNATIVE TO A FAMILY FAVOURITE AND ITS EVEN GLUTEN FREE!
2KG SWEET POTATO, PEELED AND CUT INTO CHIPS
4 CLOVES GARLIC, SKIN ON
10G LEMON THYME LEAVES, PLUS EXTRA SPRIGS TO SERVE
SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
60ML EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
2 CLOVES GARLIC, EXTRA, CRUSHED
2 TEASPOONS FINELY GRATED LEMON RIND
170G QUINOA FLAKES+
800G FIRM WHITE FISH,CUT INTO 8 PIECES
LEMON WEDGES, TO SERVE
140G NATURAL GREEK-STYLE (THICK) YOGHURT
20G CORNICHONS, FINELY CHOPPED
1 TABLESPOON CAPERS, DRAINED AND FINELY CHOPPED
1 TEASPOON LEMON JUICE
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the sweet potato and garlic cloves on 2 large oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper and sprinkle with the thyme, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Cook for 25–30 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Place the eggs, crushed garlic, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the quinoa flakes in a separate bowl. Dip pieces of fish into the egg mixture and then into the quinoa flakes, gently patting to coat all sides, and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the fish, in batches, for 4–6 minutes, turning, or until crispy and golden.
- For yoghurt tartare, squeeze the cooked garlic out of their skins, place in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the yoghurt, cornichons, capers and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Serve the fish with the sweet potato chips, tartare, extra lemon thyme and lemon wedges, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.