Betty Crocker Crepes Suzette
- 1 Betty Crocker Chocolate Pancake Shaker
- 290ml water
- For the Filling:
- Juices of 2 oranges
- Zest of 1 orange
- 175g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 80ml Grand Marnier/Cointreau or Triple Sec
- Preheat your pan over medium-high heat and add a little oil.
- Then tap the bottom of the pancake shaker to loosen the mixture. Pour around 290ml water into the bottle to the marked line and shake well until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a hot, greased frying pan to form 7"/17cm round pancakes.
- Cook until pancakes are crispy around the edge. Turn or flip and cook until golden. Lift your pancakes from the pan.
- Pour the orange juice into a saucepan and add the zest butter and sugar.
- Bring to the boil and turn heat down to a simmer, cooking for a further 10-15minutes until sauce becomes syrupy.
- Fold pancakes into quarters and then arrange them in a large pan in a circular pattern, slightly overlapping each other.
- Pour warm syrup over the pancakes and gently warm through for about 3 minutes over low heat.
- Warm the orange liqueur of your choice in the emptied but still syrupy saucepan.
- When pancakes are hot in the orange sauce pour liqueur over them and set light to the pan to flambé them.
- Serve immediately.