Betty Crocker Rhubarb Compote with Vanilla Crème Fraîche and Pancakes
- For the Pancakes:
- 1 Betty Crocker Traditional Pancake Shaker
- 290ml water
- For the Filling:
- 450g rhubarb, cut into 4cm pieces
- 85g caster sugar
- 3 tblsp honey
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 vanilla pods
- Pieces stem ginger, cut into thin shard
- For the Vanilla Crème Fraîche:
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 200ml crème fraîche
- Preheat oven to 140.
- Put rhubarb into a bowl and add sugar, honey a squeeze of lemon juice and 3 tbsp. of water.
- Mix well then lay pieces in a roasting tray.
- Split vanilla pods in half then scrape out seeds and reserve for the vanilla crème fraîche.
- Add vanilla pods to the rhubarb then bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile stir the vanilla seeds and icing sugar into the crème fraîche.
- When rhubarb is cooked drain juices into pan then boil to thicken. Slightly preheat your pan over medium-high heat and add a little oil.
- Heat up your pan and add a little oil.
- Then tap the bottom of the pancake shaker to loosen the mixture. Pour around 290ml water into the bottle to the marked line and shake well until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a hot, greased frying pan to form 7"/17cm round pancakes.
- Cook until pancakes are crispy around the edge. Turn or flip and cook until golden. Lift your pancakes from the pan.
- Mix the rhubarb with stem ginger and juices then spoon over pancakes.