- 2 thick cut slices of brioche
- 1 egg
- 50 g sugar
- 50 g milk
- a drop of vanilla essence
- 2 tblsp caster sugar
- a knob of butter
- vanilla ice cream to serve
- Remove the crusts from the bread, portioning each slice into two. Whisk together the sugar, milk, vanilla and egg.
- Using a dry pan on a medium heat add 2 tablespoons of sugar. Allow the sugar to caramelise to a light golden colour. Add a tsp of butter and stir into the melted sugar.
- Dip each portion of brioche into the egg mix and add to the caramelised sugar. Cook until golden on all four sides.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.