- 300 g (10.oz) rocket (arugula) leaves
- 50 g (1.oz) parmesan cheese (optional)
- 50 g (12/3 cups) croutons (optional)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Arrange the leaves in a large serving bowl or on a platter.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave slices of Parmesan, if using, gently over of the rocket leaves.
- Scatter the croutons on top, if using.
- Mix the lemon juice and olive oil together in a mixing bowl and season lightly.
- Just as you are ready to eat the salad, dress the leaves with the tangy dressing and serve immediately.
Kevin says, "We have a very extensive selection of lettuces in our garden at Dunbrody, but our rocket is one of my favourite salad greens. Often, we make a light lunch out of just these leaves, dressing them with a very simple dressing and accompanying them with nothing more than a large chunk of crusty bread."