Lighter Lasagne with a Turkey Mince Twist
- 25 g kilkeely gold butter
- 25 g the pantry plain flour
- 250 ml clonbawn milk
- 125 g ardagh italian style grated cheese
- 500 g nature’s isle irish turkey mince
- 300 g cooked veg
- 1 jar cucina pasta sauce
- 300 g 300g cucina lasagne sheets
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C / 350° F / Gas Mark 4.
- Start by making your cheesy sauce.
- Put 25g butter and 25g flour in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add 250ml warm milk in 3 steps, stirring all the time.
- Finally add 75g grated cheese to the mix and allow to melt.
- Brown the mince and mix in the vegetables and when they are piping hot, add the pasta sauce and stir until hot.
- Now start layering your lasagne in a shallow baking dish.
- First a layer of the meat mix, then a layer of lasagne sheets followed by a layer of cheese sauce.
- Repeat and sprinkle over the remaining 50g cheese at the end.
- Take care not to overlap the lasagne sheets as they will not cook through.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.