The best ever chilli recipe
- 2.5 lb lean chuck, ground
- 1 lb. lean pork, ground
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 oz hunt's tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can beer (12 oz.)
- 3 tblsp chili powder
- 2 tblsp instant beef bouillon (or 6 cubes)
- 2 tblsp cumin, ground
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp oregano leaves
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tsp cornmeal
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 tsp warm water
- In a large saucepan brown 1 1/4 pounds of the ground meat (the beef and the pork), drain the fat.
- Remove meat (the beef and the pork). Brown the rest of the ground meat, drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
- Add the garlic and onion, cook and stir until tender.
- Add the other half of the meat and the tomato sauce, water, beer, chili powder, bouillon, cumin, paprika, oregano, sugar, coriander, cocoa, and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered , for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornmeal and flour, then add the warm water and mix well.
- Stir into chili and cook, covered, for an additional 20 minutes.