Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- 120 g sliced chorizo
- 50 g haricot beans (soaked or tinned)
- 1 glass strong red spanish wine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 vine-ripe tomato
- 12 black olives
- 1 red pepper
- Gently fry the diced red pepper and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes before adding the chorizo: allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the haricot beans to this together with the red wine: bring to a gentle boil, then reduce and allow to simmer. Add the olives, roughly chopped.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Leave to cook for ten minutes and then serve garnished with chopped tomato and accompanied by crusty bread.