- 3 cup (slightly overfilled) strong wholemeal flour
- 2 cup strong white flour.
- 1 sachet of yeast
- 3 tblsp honey
- 3 tblsp treacle
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 g butter cubed
- 425 ml warm water
- sesame seeds to sprinkle on top.
- 2 x 2lb loaf tins
- If you have a mixer with a dough hook then put in everything except the water and give a short mix to incorporate everything, then slowly add the water and mix for another 5 minutes. (No mixer, then knead for 10 minutes).
- Transfer to a covered bowl and allow to double in size which will take around 2 to 2.5 hours depending on the temperature.
- Knock back and divide in two and place the mixture in loaf tins (Non Stick don't need greasing). Sprinkle with some Sesame Seed pressing them into the top of the mixture so that stick to the bread. Allow to double in size around an hour.
- Place in a pre heated oven 190 degrees. After 25 minutes turn the loaves to get an even browning, After a further 10 minutes remove from the loaf tins and give them another 5 to 7 minutes until the sides are crusty and the loaves sound hollow.
If the time for proving the dough is included it takes around 4 hours.