- 200 g plain white flour.
- 150 g country butter (cubed).
- 60 g caster sugar.
- 50 g pistachio nuts.
- 100 g milk chocolate to decorate (optional).
- Roughly chop the pistachio nuts and set aside.
- Sieve the flour into a large baking bowl and rub in the chilled butter, three cubes at a time until the mixture comes together and looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add in the sugar, nuts and form a ball with the mixture using your hands.
- Flatten the dough into a disc shape and cover with cling film before placing in the fridge for an hour.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, lightly flour your worktop and rolling pin and roll out your dough.
- Shape 12-15 bikkies with a biscuit cutter, dipping your cutter in flour after each biscuit.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Once the biscuits have cooled, I separate them into two batches on two separate baking trays, lined with parchement paper. Cover melted chocolate over one batch for chocolate coated biscuits.
The biscuits keep for up to two weeks in an air tight cookie jar.