Lamb Patties with Lebanese Spices
- 1 kg minced lamb
- 3 large tbsp epicure lebanese paste
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 shallots (peeled & finely diced)
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- 14 dates (de-stoned & finely chopped)
- 4 tblsp fresh mint (chopped)
- 4 tblsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- 2 tblsp clear honey
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan, fry the shallots with the Lebanese paste for 5 minutes until soft, then tip into a large bowl to cool.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients with the cooled shallots ensuring all of the pattie mix is evenly disturbed.
- Shape the mixture into 14/16 patties. You can freeze for up to 2 months at this stage, then defrost in the fridge. Alternatively, refrigerate up to 1 day in advance.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and fry the patties for 4/5 minutes on each side (batches of 4 -5) or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately