Chocolate and Orange risotto with marscapone cream
- 325 g arborio rice
- 6 tblsp caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- juice and zest of 1 large orange
- 500 ml water
- 500 ml full fat milk.
- 200 g good quality chocolate at least 70% cocoa solids
- 85 g butter
- Melt the butter in a thick bottomed pan, add the rice and stir.
- Scrape out the vanilla pod and add to the rice with the sugar.
- The pan should be held at a medium heat gradually add the water and the milk when all this is added reduce the heat and cook for approx 16mins.
- After this time has elapsed add the chocolate and stir turn off the heat.
- Place in serving dish garnish with orange segments and the marscapone.